Day 3. The end... of March.



I am going a little stir crazy to be entirely honest with you. I know, I know, it's only been three days and as I am being constantly reminded "You are in a 5 star hotel with three free meals a day." For fucks sake, enough with that three free meal crap! The hotel is stunning yes and under normal circumstances where I had a) organised a trip of my own free will and b) chosen to stay at this hotel, I would suck up whatever minor discrepancies there were and get on with the task at hand - holidaying. But, I am NOT holidaying and had no intention of even being in Melbourne, so those stupid and redundant arguments need to stop. Please!

My breakfast arrived at around 8am. Thank god, I am so damn hungry and no, it's not because I am fat (well, maybe a little, but whatever), but because giving one standard size meal to a hotel full of people is never going to work. As I collected my paper bag left in front of my door, my neighbour opposite opens her door and exclaims "How are you finding the brekky darl?" Shocked as I have just a t shirt on that is barely covering the sausage and eggs, I nervously reply "It's all good." We exchange smiles and I gently retreat in my crouched state smiling and hoping I am in fact covered. I think I was. Whatever.

Cold boiled eggs downed along with smurf size pastries and yoghurt, and I am feeling temporarily fulfilled. As Nat and Kochie from Sunrise banter in the background, I decide to start my daily ritual of calling the Vic Gov 1800 hotline, I glance outside my oversized window and for the first time, feel incredibly grateful for every moment I have ever spent outside. I am guessing that sounds overly dramatic, but not being able to open a window, move freely outside of the confines of my room and trust and believe, I miss the warmth of the sun on my face and the breath of fresh air that usually fills my lungs.

Calls made, no specific answers given and the wait game continuing, my many overdue articles are calling to be completed, so I heed that call. Food game was still on par with previous days, slightly better, but nothing to write home about. Still don't understand why we can't order some extra things from an online supermarket? Whispers are that other states are permitting it.

Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular Posts